General information on operation of REFs during the 27th Summer Universiade in Kazan
1. Legal basis of usage of radio electronic facilities (hereinafter referred to as ‘REFs’) in the territory of the Russian Federation is established by the Law of the Russian Federation and normative legal acts on communications.
2. The Kazan 2013 Executive Committee (hereinafter referred to as ‘Executive Committee’) in cooperation with the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications and Government of the Republic of Tatarstan and under corresponding joint agreements and adopted documents plans and manages the radio frequency spectrum and radio electronic facilities in the territory of the city of Kazan and adjacent districts of the Republic of Tatarstan (Tatarstan) in the build-up and during the 27th Summer Universiade 2013 in Kazan.
3. The Executive Committee – the organiser of the 2013 Summer Universiade in Kazan – takes additional measures restricting the operation of REFs at Games venues and targeted at using the radio frequency spectrum for the benefit of staging the World University Summer Games.
To get the admission to Universiade venues, each user of radio electronic facilities, with exception of REFs specified in the list of REFs operated without restrictions (hereinafter referred to as ‘List’), must obtain in a mandatory manner a positive Recommendation of the Executive Committee permitting the operation of REFs and corresponding stickers. The restrictions mentioned above relate only to client groups that are stationed in the territory of any (competition and non-competition) venues of the 2013 Summer Universiade.
4. The list of REFs includes a wide range of wireless all-purpose devices the main types of which are given in the table below:
Types of REFs which require the obtainment of permission and admission to Games venues
1 Wireless Fixed Link
2 Microwave Mobile Link
3 Fixed Satellite Link
4 Satellite News Gathering
5 Land Mobile Radio Service\Talk Back System\Handheld Radio Service
6 Cordless Camera
7 In Ear Monitor System
8 Interpretation Service System
9 Telemetry & Telecommand
10 Wireless Microphone
11 Wireless LAN
5. List of REFs operated without restrictions*:
- base stations of mobile network providers;
- assistive listening devices (ALDs) for hearing impaired people;
- car alarms;
- customer premise equipment supporting Wi-Fi, including built-in Wi-Fi;
- radio electronic devices supporting Bluetooth, including built-in Bluetooth.
The above-named REFs do not require the obtainment of positive Recommendations and can be operated without restrictions at all Universiade venues in the city of Kazan (unless otherwise stipulated by a special rule regarding the attendance at a certain venue).
If you have any questions regarding the operation of REFs at Universiade venues, please contact us at email@example.com.
*There can be changes or updates to the list. The complete list will be soon available at the website.
Order of obtainment of Recommendation for operation of radio electronic facilities (REFs) in the build-up and during the 27th Summer Universiade 2013 in Kazan and their admission to Games venues
1. Order of obtainment of Recommendation for operation of REFs.
All radio electronic facilities (hereinafter referred to as ‘REFs’) that are intended for operation at Universiade venues must have relevant documents permitting the use of radio frequency spectrum and appropriate registration at the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (if necessary).
In addition, any enterprise, organisation, institution (hereinafter referred to as ‘Applicant’) that intends to operate REFs for telecommunication support of the Universiade events at Games venues must obtain the Recommendation of the Executive Committee and special stickers confirming the admission of REFs to Universiade venues, regardless of the client group category and state affiliation.
To obtain the Recommendation, the Applicant must fill out the REF user Application Form (the form and completion guidelines are available at the website) and specify the code of the Executive Committee functional area interested in your service and email address of a person in the Executive Committee responsible for this functional area.
The application process is open for the period of July 1st, 2012-June 11th, 2013. All responses to Applications (permissions for operation of REFs) are issued until July 4th, 2013; Applicants receive them individually via email within 17 working days after the day the Application was submitted.
In case of a positive decision, the Applicant receives a positive Recommendation confirming the right to operate REFs, otherwise a recommendation for further action or refusal to operate REFs at Universiade venues is issued.
2. Order of obtainment of admission of REFs to Universiade venues
The REFs used at Universiade venues for the period of June 1st, 2013-July 20th, 2013 must have a special sticker confirming their admission to Universiade venues.
The REFs with no special stickers on them will be refused the admission to Universiade venues. The special sticker is an adhesive paper label which is put on REFs to indicate different conditions (restrictions) of their admission/usage:
- no restrictions regarding admission to Games venue and period of usage;
- subject to restrictions regarding admission to Games venues and period of usage.
REF users that obtain positive Recommendations from the Executive Committee in accordance with the set procedure must complete the technical check of REFs characteristics and get a special sticker permitting to use REFs at Universiade venues. The technical check is conducted in marker measuring laboratories (hereinafter referred to as ‘MML’) by members of the radio frequency team.
Fixed MIL is located at: Kazan, Dostoyevsky street, 18/75, Kazan Branch of FSUE "Radio Frequency Center of Volga Federal District." The mobile MIL’s will start operation from May 28, 2013. Schedule and locations of fixed and mobile MIL’s are determined in agreement with Executive Committee and REF users. Additional information can be obtained by tel. (+7 843) 238-98-25, (+7 843) 238-98-34.
In order to carry out the technical check and labeling, REF users must provide positive Recommendations issued by the Executive Committee and also all REFs that fall under these Recommendations.
If technical characteristics of REFs comply with those specified in the Recommendations, the REFs obtain a special sticker that corresponds to a certain level of access. In case technical characteristics of REFs do not meet those indicated in the Recommendations, they are marked with stickers prohibiting their operation at Universiade venues.
The users that undergo the labeling of REFs with special stickers must provide upon request:
- general information on characteristics, intended purpose and conditions of REF usage;
- REFs to conduct technical check of their actual parameters;
- full assistance with technical check or timely prevention of interference problems (switching on/switching off, changing REFs’ operation mode, etc.)
After being obtained, the special stickers must stay undamaged for the entire period of REF operation in the run up and during the 2013 Summer Universiade. Only in this case REFs will be provided with an unhindered admission to Universiade venues and permission for operation during Universiade events.
Here you can find answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any other questions related to the operation of REFs at Universiade venues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the status of the application can be requested by sending an e-mail to email@example.com